Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New art: "Homage"


I was inspired by last week's visit to the Garfield Park Conservatory, where their Spring flower show was in full bloom.  I was not, however, inspired by the photographs I took, which looked very much like touristy snapshots.  So I decided to make some art.

I began with a photo of the sky, which I took some time ago, and added some leaves from the Conservatory shoot.  I decided to make the whole thing look somewhat vintage, so I also played with the colors and tried to "age" the leaves a little bit.  I added some digital art, a black border, and overall toning with some filters.

I don't know if the reeds are paying homage to the leaves, or if the leaves are bowing down to the reeds, but I love the fantasy-like feeling of this image.  You will find it in my Etsy shop!